DIRECTOR PROF. JADRAN LENARČIČ, PH. D.
Appointments at the J. Stefan Institute
Head of Robotics Laboratory (1985-1994)
Head of Automatics, Biocybernetics and Robotics (1994-2005)
Director of Institute (2005-)
Positions of trust at the J. Stefan Institute
Member of Council (1989)
Chairman of Council (1990)
Member of Board of Governors (1992-1994)
Deputy President of Scientific Council (1997-2005)
Member of Scientific Council (2005-)
Positions of trust - national
National Coordinator Production Technologies and Systems
Chairman of Scientific Research Council for Engineering Sciences
Member of National Research Council
Member of Council »Science for Peace«
Member National Council for Higher Education
Member of Development Advisory Council to the Prime Minister, Government of Slovenia
Positions of trust - international
Member of Search Committee for the President of European Research Council ERC
Member of Executive Committee of the International Federation for the Theory of Machines and Mechanisms IFToMM
Member of Board of the European Robotics Network - EURON
Member of Executive Board of the European Association of Research and Technology Organizations EARTO
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana
University of Nova Gorica
J. Stefan International Postgraduate School
University of Bologna, Italy
University of Ferrara, Italy
University of Hull, GB
University of Notre Dame, USA
Invited seminars at more than 20 universities around the world
Membership in academies
Regular Member of Slovenian Academy of Engineering, (President 2011/12, Vicepresident 2010/11, 2012/13)
Corresponding Member of Accademia delle Scienze di Bologna, Italy
Honorary awards and titles
Medal of Work with Silver Wreath
Cavaliere Ufficiale nell'Ordine al merito della Repubblica Italiana
Basic research interests of J. Lenarčič are in robotics, robot kinematics, biorobotics and humanoid robotics. His contributions are in the area of modeling and simulation of robots, mathematical evaluation and optimization of robot mechanisms, modeling of human upper extremity and control of redundant robots. He is member of editorial boards in a number of international journals (currently is Associated Editor in Theory of Machines and Mechanisms) and served as guest editor in special issues. He edited a series of international books on Advances in Robot Kinematics and contributed in international encyclopedias. He is co-author of books "Robot Mechanisms" and "Robotics", both published in Slovenian and in English by Springer.
Recent journal publications
- J. Lenarčič and V. Parenti-Castelli, A method for determining movements of a deformable body from spatial coordinates of markers. Journal of Robotic Systems, 2001, vol. 18, pp. 731-736
- J. Lenarčič and M. M. Stanisic, Humanoid shoulder complex and the humeral pointing kinematics. IEEE Trans. Robot. Autom., 2003, vol. 19, pp. 499-507
- J. Babič and J. Lenarčič, In vivo determination of triceps surae muscle-tendon complex viscoelastic properties. Eur. j. appl. physiol. occup. physiol., 2004, vol. 92, pp. 477-484
- N. Klopčar and J. Lenarčič, Kinematic model for determination of human arm reachable workspace. Meccanica, 2005, vol. 40, pp. 203-219.
- N. Klopčar, M. Tomšič and J. Lenarčič, A kinematic model of the shoulder complex to evaluate the arm-reachable workspace. Journal of Biomechanics, 2005.
- J. Lenarčič and N. Klopčar, Positional kinematics of humanoid arms. Robotica, 2005, vol. 24, pp. 105-112.
- J. Babič and J. Lenarčič, Optimization of biarticular gastrocnemius muscle in humanoid jumping robot simulation. International journal of humanoid robotics, 2006, vol. 3, pp. 219-234.
- N. Klopčar and J. Lenarčič, Bilateral and unilateral shoulder girdle kinematics during humeral elevation. Clinical biomechanics, vol. 21, suppl. 1, 2006, pp. S20-S26. - J. Babič and J. Lenarčič, Optimization of biarticular gastrocnemius muscle in humanoid jumping robot simulation. International journal of humanoid robotics , vol. 3, 2007, pp. 219-234.
- N. Klopčar, M. Tomšič and J. Lenarčič, A kinematic model of the shoulder complex to evaluate the arm-reachable workspace. J. Biomech., vol. 40, 2007, pp. 86-91.
- A. Gams, L. Žlajpah and J. Lenarčič, Imitating human acceleration of a gyroscopic device. Robotica, vol. 25, 2007, pp. 501-509.
- A. Gams, A.J. Ijspeert, S. Schaal and J. Lenarčič, On-line learning and modulation of periodic movements with nonlinear dynamical systems. Auton. robots. , vol. 27, 2009, pp. 3-23.
- J. Babič, L. Bokman, D. Omrčen, J. Lenarčič and F.C. Park, A biarticulated robotic leg for jumping movements : theory and experiments. J. of mechanisms and robotics, vol. 1, 2009, pp. 1-9.
- M. Babič, R. Vertechy, G. Berselli, J. Lenarčič, V. Parenti-Castelli and G. Vassura, An electronic driver for improving the open and closed loop electro-mechanical response of dielectric elastomer actuators. Mechatronics, vol. 20, 2010, pp. 201-212.
- J. Lenarčič and F. Thomas (Eds.), Advances in robot kinematics: theory and applications. Kluwer, 2002
- J. Lenarčič and C. Galletti (Eds.), On advances in robot kinematics. Kluwer, 2004.
- J. Lenarčič and B. Roth (Eds.), Advances in robot kinematics - Mechanisms and motion. Springer, 2006.
- J. Lenarčič and P. Wenger (Eds.), Advances in robot kinematics - Analysis and design. Springer, 2008.
- J. Lenarčič and M. M. Stanisic (Eds.), Advances in robot kinematics - Motion in Man and machine. Springer, 2010.
- T. Bajd, M. Mihelj, J. Lenarčič, A. Stanovnik and M. Munih, Robotics. Springer, 2010.
- J. Lenarčič and M. Husty (Eds.), Latest advances in robot kinematics. Springer, 2012.
- J. Lenarčič, M. M. Stanišić and T. Bajd, Robot mechanisms. Springer, 2012.
- J. Lenarčič and O. Khatib (Eds.), Advances in robot kinematics. Springer, 2014.